Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Don and David would be pleased.


I can't believe that Dorothy and I can smile, but we can and we do. We so enjoy time together and we share a huge loss and void. Don and David loved us dearly and I know they would want us to be smiling. I am so thankful that we have each other. We are good for each other. We love time together and we laugh a lot and cry some, but it's okay. Around other people we feel like we have to keep our guard up and not cry because we don't want to worry folks. She and I know that the tears are healthy. I think we can't keep these feeling pinned up inside; sometimes we just have to let it fly. and we feel safe together. This picture was taken Monday when we went to lunch with Jo Ann and Diana. I'll post a picture of them on the other side of the table tomorrow night. Precious friends mean so much and I thank God for them!

Notice Dorothy's necklace? That's her lifeline. She wears it all the time and if she falls it will alert a company who will call for help. She dropped it the other day and they called to make sure she was all right! The whole community is so glad she has that necklace since she lives out in the country by herself. Her grandson stops in to see her every morning on his way to the farms, and he checks on her again a couple more times each day, but he insisted that she have this necklace. I'm so proud of him for taking such good care of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment