Thursday, October 13, 2011

Ta da: the picture you've waited to see.


This is Jo Ann Meier and Diana Clark; we took this the day we all went to lunch with Dorothy. It was a wonderful lunch and visit! Diana is married to my friend, Bob, who went to school with me in Japan in the 8th grade. They moved to Hobart about 9 years ago, and it feels like I went to school with Diana! Jo Ann is married to Frank and they are really good friends. They came to OKC when Don was in the hospital and spent the night. Diana and Bob were in Kazakhstan at the time or they would have come, too. They came to Houston when we were down there for my surgery and radiation. These folks are just the very best of friends. Diana will go back to Kazakhstan soon. She'll be here this weekend for our slumber party, though! Three more of our friends from school in Japan are coming and we're going to have a big slumber party; that means we're all going to get some sleep, unlike the slumber parties we had years ago! Nobody is coming until tomorrow, but I've still got my nose stuck to the window, watching!

Some days are better than others. No days can be good, yet. I'm just not so good at this life without Don right here. I know all the things like, he lives as long as he touches me; he's in a better place; he feels no pain; he has no tears; he'd want me to be happy, etc. All that is good and I get through most of the days clinging to all those things and being grateful for all the time we shared, but then I MISS him so much and the hole in me is so huge that I crash. I thank God for telling us, "Blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be comforted." I thank Him for sending folks to make sure that comforting happens!

Just when I think I can have a good day I find something that sets me off into a sob session. Or someone says something that isn't even intended for me and it sets me off into a sob session. I guess I'm still peeling the onion of grief. This time last month was worse, so maybe things are getting better. I thank God for all the support I had this time last month. Thank you all so much for hanging with me so strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment