Saturday, October 1, 2011

We can smile; Joel, this is for you!

We went to a wedding shower for a girl who is precious in the lives of all of Hobart this morning. Then I went over to Dorothy's house and trimmed her hair and fixed a window blind and we shared soup. We shared lots of good memories. We cried some, but laughed a lot. We have all treasured memories of David and Don. When I got there she was talking on the phone to Joel, David's son, so I set the timer on the camera and got this shot of us for him. The day was gorgeous and we so enjoyed sitting out on her patio pretty much being lazy, but it was such good time that we shared! She had done something with the blinds in her bathroom and they dropped down to about 2 feet below the window, which took up the strings that pull to pull them back into place. For someone who can't see that's a big deal. Blinds are a thing I can do, so I shortened them for her, so that they'll never drop below the window, again. It felt so good to be able to do something I was comfortable doing and the blinds and cutting her hair were two things I enjoy. Sitting around and visiting was just awesome, too. So, we had a great day. I needed a great day. I sure thank God for wonderful, wonderful friends all across the world. Lucky me!

I'm on the lookout for a day I can get through without crying. I think that may turn me into a better direction. I'm not there, yet, but that day will come. God blesses and I trust Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment