Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Nelly.


Meet, Janelle, another of our beautiful granddaughters! She is sitting on her dad's lap (Jeff); behind her is Don's older brother's daughter, Mary Beth. This picture depicts some of the happy times we were able to share when Don was in the hospital. It's truely amazing how on the worst day of your life you can still smile from love that is deep down inside. Love overcomes all pain. Janelle is Jessie's older sister; Jessie and Erica were on last night's post. Janelle and Erica are both 21 this fall. (We often call Janelle Nelly.)

I've handled today better than I did yesterday. I went to the nursing home before church tonight and took one of the programs from Don's service to the friend who asked about him yesterday. I needed to do that. She profusely apologized. She said she did know that he had passed, but it was just a habit to always ask me how he is when she sees me. She felt terrible after she asked and I lost it. She is a dear friend and Don loved and respected her very much, as I do. I didn't want her to feel bad. She was so grateful for the program. I felt better facing the issue head on and I was braced for it, so it went well.

I taught the 3 year olds at church tonight because their regular teacher was out of town. God blessed me and only Alyssa was there. It would have been fun if the usual other two little girls had been there, but Alyssa and I had a big time with just the two of us. She made my job easy. Maybe she taught the class; she's such a little dear!

I'm headed to bed early, again. I think plenty of rest is a thing I need right now. It'll help me to make it through the days better. I thank God for helping me to make it through this day. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment