Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Gabe's way cool hat.




I was writing the blog earlier, when suddenly it began to storm, so I hurriedly shut everything down to keep from losing equipment due to a lightning strike. So, I apologize to you who got the notice of the blog and it wasn't yet complete! It is quiet, now, so I'm back up and running. Thankfully, there is a steady rain out there. We so need the moisture!

I had to put all these pictures on of Gabe's hat that he decorated. I'm sorry for those of you using dial up (is there still anyone out there using dial up???) because I know the pictures make it slower to load. They just wouldn't be the same one at a time over 4 days, though. Thanks for bearing with me on these pictures and my blundering along with this blog.

Tonight was the Ladies' Salad Supper at church, and it was a good event. One of our ladies gave our devotional and it was particularly touching. Right now her grandpa is dying with bone cancer and he is so ready to be done with his life and suffering here on earth. We all have something difficult in our lives, but we all have access to God and the strength He gives. I thank God for a wonderful church family who is very supportive of each other. I volunteered to give the devotional at the salad supper next month. I might be crazy. I will bring a big box of tissues because we may all be in tears. I'm never afraid to speak, but I am afraid of crashing in front of everyone. I just hate to make them all miserable, but these are people who love me and have been so strong for me, so I feel safe with them. I believe God left me for a reason and it's not to be pitiful; if I can say something that will return some strength they've given to me, then that will be good. I will share some of my notes with you when I get them ready. YOU have been so strong and supportive for me, too! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment