Monday, December 26, 2011

Fashion statement?

Maybe it's a fashion statement. I've been wearing two of Don's shirts around because I love it and nobody else would want them. I found these leg warmers (you know they've got to be OLD because was it the 80's when leg warmers were the thing?) and they are perfect to keep me warm in this weather. So, the eccentric little old lady keeps on keeping on. So the statement is: warm is good and wearing two of Don's shirts is a comfort to me. It's as close as I can get to him these days. I thank God that I can be warm and I thank Him for precious memories!

I'm working on books (for taxes) and I hate that, but I'm getting it done, little by little. Oh, Tonight is Monday, so maybe You Deserve It will be on TV. It's about all I watch, now that Survivor and Dancing with the Stars are over. I've got sleeves on a jacket to hem for Dorothy while I watch something tonight, so I hope there will BE something. I may take up playing Scrabble with myself like my mom did, but I want to work some puzzles, first. I'm taking puzzles to Branson with me. I have tons of books to read, too, so Scrabble will wait. I never can imagine how people are ever bored.

Thank you for checking on me. I'm okay. God blesses us and I give thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Well aren't you the Christmas elf??!!! Love your outfit; and if that keeps you warm and keeps Don close, that's wonderful!! Sure wish I was there to play Scrabble, work puzzles or whatever!! I'll just keep being with you in thought and being thankful for Magic Jack allowing you to spend time with me on phone!
    Love you!! Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. MJ...I'm going to invite you to play Words with Friends on Facebook (its Scrabble). If you don't want to play it with me, just dismiss my invite. Its not in real time so you just make your move and go away until the other person has played.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruthie, guess I do look like the Christmas elf! Ha! Looks are deceiving; Scrooge would have been more like it. :) Wish you were her to play with me, too. Come to Branson!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana, thanks for thinking of me to play Words with Friends online. I think I will pass, though. I really don't want to be any more hooked to the computer than I already am. If I ever reconsider I'll ask you to invite me, again. You know I love you for thinking of me and a jillion other reasons! Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary Jo ! I love your new outfit of Don's shirt and I would be doing exactly the same thing ...now you are warm and cozy with Don's shirts hugging you ! the leg warmers are a nice touch.....I thought I was the only person that hung onto things....I finally got rid of my bell bottomed pants years ago, only to find they are back in style, however, that does me no good anyway, cause I could not fit my big bottom into them anyways !! Hope you have a good day tomorrow -- I know you will be glad when the Holidays are over ! Hugs !! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Nancy, it's so good to see you here and commenting! Thank you so much for your support. Oh, Girl, I've got so much STUFF around here! Yes, I'll be so glad when these holidays are over. There will be more to face, but I think nothing like this. I just hope to get tougher each day and not be so raw to the pain. Thanks for your love and hugs! Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete