Saturday, December 24, 2011

Praise God! Ruthie is home and good!


This is my happy face, today! Ruthie is home from the hospital and they say her heart is good! They checked her over really good and told her to go see a good chiropractor! Trish is the one who figured out that it was a slipped rib. I should have known that, but I had heart attack to fresh on my mind to get past it. Ruthie had pleurisy after Thanksgiving, so I was wondering about that, too. When I told Trish, she said, "Mom, she's got a rib out!" Whew! I'm so glad she got a good once over and that they found nothing serious. She is home and tired, but I hope she'll take it easy and be all better really soon. I thank God for this Christmas present of a healthy sister!

So, I see that I need to reconsider on some turtle neck shirts. I hate them because I have claustrophobia, but that turkey neck is disgusting. Oh, well, I've been living with short all these years, I'll learn to live with turkey neck. The neck wasn't so bad when it was all filled in with fat, but it turns out that I have way too much skin these days. The skin is alive, though, and God has a purpose for it, so I'll keep searching for that purpose and pray that I can live up to it.

You all have the best Christmas you can and if merry is on your menu, I hope you order a big bunch of it and have a new year that is filled with wonderful times! Thanks for your prayers for Ruthie and for me!

4 comments:

  1. You don't need a turtleneck....its perfect the way it is. You look just like the rest of us. Thinking of you Maryjo...hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dana! You are so the best in my book! Gobble, gobble. :) Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is a poem Krystal posted our group for Ed. I don't know who wrote it but I liked it even if it did make me cry.

    I see countless Christmas trees around the world below,
    with tiny lights like heaven's stars, reflecting on the snow.
    The sight is so spectacular, please wipe away the tear,
    ... for I am spending Christmas with Jesus this year.
    I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear,
    but the sound of music can't compare with the choir up here.
    I have no words to tell you, the joy their voices bring,
    for it is beyond description , to hear the angels sing.
    I know how much you miss me, I see the pain inside your heart,
    but I am not so far away; we really aren't apart.
    So be happy for me, dear ones; you know I hold you dear,
    and be glad I'm spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.
    I sent you each a special gift, from my heavenly father above,
    I sent you each a memory of my undying love.
    After all love is a gift more precious than pure gold,
    it was always most important in the stories that Jesus told.
    Please love each other , as my father said to do,
    for I can't count the blessing or love he has for each of you.
    So have a Merry Christmas and wipe away that tear, remember---
    I am spending Christmas with Jesus this year. ~♥~

    Glad to hear about Ruthie. Yesterday was my pity moment, but today I think about what wonderful kids, grandkids and other family we have. I know we are hurting something terrible but I'm going to try to put into action the words I tell my mother-in-law....look around you and see how fortunate you are. God be with you.

    Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sissy, thanks so much for sending this. I had seen a version of it, but not so complete as this one. It is a nice one to consider, but, I'm like you, it still makes me cry. It's all wonderful, but they're still not here and that's so hard. You are right that we should be looking around us and focusing on our blessings; we're going to keep on until we get it right, huh? I'm trusting God to show me the way and am so grateful that I know He will, even when I'm stumbling and crying; He's there pointing the direction and holding my hand. I thank God for YOU! Do the best you can today; we're getting through this.

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete