Monday, December 5, 2011

Group hug.


Behind me on the table is a candle holder that is a 'group hug.' A candle sits in the middle of those guys sharing a group hug. Gretta gave that to me one year and I love it. We always have a group hug at our Itazuke reunions, so this reminds me of them. I want you to all join me in a group cyber hug right now. You all mean so much to me. It's a wonderful help and support to me to know that there are lots of people out there who really care about me. Sometimes I forget where I'm going, but I always come back to the blog. Tonight I was headed to bed and remembered that I hadn't posted yet! I think all day of things I will say, so sometimes I forget that I haven't really said them, yet. Wonder if that has to do with being 63 or is it more chemo brain. I know it's real, either way.

I thank God for lots of support in this world. I believe He gives you to me. It's one of the ways He shows up in my life. Thank you for working with Him.

It is really cold here. It was 30 most of the day with a wind chill factor of 17. That's cold! I stay inside as much as possible, but I had to get out to run some errands today.

I'll have to get gas in the van soon; ugh. I should have today, but I just wasn't braced for that cold. Today the smoke alarm started chirping, so I had to climb up on a stool and put a new battery in there. Another Don job. I managed that, so I guess I can pump the gas in the cold, too. If I could have him back, I'd be so glad to do all his jobs, but that option is not available. I'll just be thankful that he did them for so long and with such a happy spirit. I've been blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment