Monday, December 19, 2011

I'm certified!

Certified what? Not crazy, but to teach. Maybe I AM crazy! We'll see! There is only one more day of school around before they break for Christmas. I'll be available to teach after spring break. I hope they'll keep me really busy!

Today I got lots of sewing done. I finished up my swim suit. I had pinned all the extra fabric to it, but I stitched it, so it's ready to wear. (I have to add fabric to the front and back where I was radiated, because I can't have sunshine there.) I hemmed 4 pairs of pants. These are all old pants that I've had for years, but I used to just tuck them under because I never had time to hem them. It feels good to get them fixed right. I also repaired one of my buddies; I had burned a hole into it. (Sometimes I heat them too long and it burns a hole wherever it gets too hot and the fabric gets really weak.)

I thank God that I have training for something I will enjoy doing. I could do lots of other things, but teaching is the thing I think I will most enjoy at this point in my life. I thank God for the opportunity to have gotten the training years ago and for the opportunity to use it, now. God will show me if it is the thing I should do. I like that I can substitute and get a taste of teaching. I can always apply to teach full time if I really like it. I don't expect to like it that much, though. :) I will love the kids, but I'm thinking the system will annoy me.

We aren't expecting snow, here. The panhandle has a blizzard going, but we aren't likely to get more than an inch and the chances of that are not good. (That's when we usually get 6 or 8 inches, though!)

5 comments:

  1. This picture is my impersonation of my mom; I can't believe how much I look like her, here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure do! I'm looking at picture of her on piano, and there sure is a resemblance! She would be so proud (for more reasons than that!)
    Love you!
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, Ruthie, don't we MISS her! I've got to look at that picture on your piano. I'm going to put on her dress tomorrow and take a picture at the angle she was in the picture I posted tonight and see if I see it. I didn't see it so much in this picture, but it still looks to me like her when I look at this picture. I'd like for her to be proud; she was so precious and I treasure her memory. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look a lot like Mamasan in this pic! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, there's another vote. Maybe I really do! Thanks, Trish!

    ReplyDelete