Thursday, December 15, 2011

Three more Santas!


There are 8 Santas at the base of this poinsettia. From the left the 2nd, 4th, and 6th ones arrived in today's mail. I was thrilled to get them and only so sad that Don can't be here to enjoy them with me. Our good friend, Mike Buchanan, carved and painted them. Don loved Mike and was so impressed with his skill. I will celebrate every Christmas with these Santas and recall the joy we shared in them.

Today has been a day that I wish I could disappear. Every direction I turn tips me over into tears and sobs. I know that holidays are hard for folks, but now I KNOW about that rather than just read about that. I am looking for how to escape the holidays next year. I don't ever want to go through this, again, so I am on a diligent search.

To be more positive, let me give thanks that I am alive and relatively healthy. I can take care of myself and the house. If I can't I can get someone to help me. It could be lots worse. I thank God for family and friends who are so helpful and caring. They say it takes time. I feel like I'm wasting time. I'd like to be going in a good direction every day, but today has been a waste. I had 3 Santas come in the mail and still had to take 18 pictures to get 2 I could use. A dear friend sent me a wonderfully relaxing CD, and I still cried. It's just a basket case day. Tomorrow has got to be better. I believe all these tears have been prayers God understands more than I do. He'll help me do a better job with tomorrow. God bless you, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment