Sunday, December 22, 2013

Christmas is Tough but We're Blessed to Have Each Other.

Today we remembered to take a pic before we got into grubbies after church.  We usually forget and get busy with lunch and then nap and then church, again.  You'd think taking a pic wouldn't be such a big deal, but it seems to turn into a major production.   Anyway, we got it done today.  Dorothy's niece has been here for the last 3 days, so we didn't get to have lunch with Dorothy today.  We were out there visiting the other night and I didn't even think to take my camera.  What a mistake that was! Dorothy's niece is from Manhattan, New York; she's originally from Texas, so we could talk!  She is really a doll and she and Dorothy had so much fun visiting the last few days.  They reminded me of my cousin and I when we used to go to our Aunt Maie's house and play.  Allison was cooking for Dorothy and even combed her hair; man, I missed another good pic of Dorothy with her hair all fixed today!  Anyway, it's been a fun week for her and for us to meet Allison!  I thank God for Allison's visit.  It was good for us, and I know it was such a treat for Dorothy.  Allison flew to San Antonio to visit her mom and drove up here to spend 3 full days with Dorothy.  That's a big sacrifice on her part and also her mom's; how generous of both of them.  Allison kept saying that she was the one getting the blessings out of the visit, and I know that's true, too, because Dorothy is such a dear and has so much wisdom and wit to share.  It's been a win/win for everyone.  God bless Allison!

I sang at the nursing home today after church; I always love to be able to do that and I'll miss it while we're gone, so I'm glad to catch a chance to do it before we go.  My sciatic nerve is settling down and doing lots better.  I guess it just got in a crimp or something and some good time on the inversion table and some rest helped me to get past that difficulty.

We're going to OKC for Christmas day with a bunch of Lee's family and we've just put together all those details over the weekend.  We were going to solo it here, but decided to go to the city.  We're creating new memories for each other.  I'm such a bear about Christmas.  Over the years there have been so many good times and it's so hard for me to face that they will never be, again.  Everything that should be good and happy tends to affect me emotionally and I take a nose dive.  My tree was a wonderful tree of memories that I treasured, from stockings my Granddaddy brought from the hosiery mill where he worked to ornaments with the kids baby pix to my Mom's necklaces, not to mention the ornaments that Don and I bought each year.  I just have not found the strength to face all those treasures.  Lee's wife decorated to the nth degree each year.  I don't think he wants to do all that, again, but being married to me is quite a shock.  So, it's kind of a hard time for both of us.  We are working together to attempt to find a good tradition for us.  Thank God he is such a wonderful guy and loves me even through these bear days.


No comments:

Post a Comment