Sunday, December 15, 2013

Our Christmas "Corner."

I am such a Scrooge of Christmas!  My Christmas tree is too full of memories from years past and I really don't want to face them.  Lee is such a dear to understand.  His aunt, who we went to see back in September made this nativity scene for his mom many years ago.  So, we put that out in our 'Christmas Corner.'  Then my friend in Oregon has sent an addition or two to a Santa collection every few years  and I have that hanging on the wall beside my shoulder.  The wreath, my brother-in-law made for my mom many years ago.  I use it year 'round.  This is our "Christmas Corner."  One year, maybe I'll be gutsy enough to get out the tree.  The last time I pulled out the tree was the year before I was diagnosed with breast cancer, so that would have been 2005.  After that we were always somewhere besides here, so we just never got out the tree.  We always got out the Santas.  The year after Don died I couldn't face any of it, but Mike sent another Santa, so I dug out the Santas.  The Santas make it out every Christmas, in fact they live in the top drawer of that chest under the wreath.  This is the Christmas look for us.  The best part of Christmas for us is that we have each other to get us through it.  God is gracious and good and we thank Him!

I had a great nap today, but it's time to turn in for the night.  This is the last week of school before the Christmas break, so I really expect the teachers will want to be at school this week.  They need to be getting the kids ready for their 9 week finals this week.  If someone is sick or their child is sick, they'll need me, though, so I'd better be ready.  So, off to bed I go and give thanks for the opportunity to work.  After this week I'll be off until I get home after spring break.  Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment