Sunday, December 8, 2013

Pick of the Litter!

This is Gracie, who has been named Pick of the Litter at least twice in her school career.  She is an awesome kid even if she is my own granddaughter.  She learned to play hand and foot canasta over Thanksgiving, but she still played go fish with the little girls.  She built this 'hat' and modeled it for a pic as the statue of Liberty. We got pix of several people wearing it.  She's very creative and as bright as they come.  I could write a book about our sweet Gracie.  Love, love, love her!  She's 10.

Today we got out for the first time since this last snow.  There is still most of the snow on all the off streets. The main streets were even bad this morning, but with traffic and sunshine today much of it melted.  It was a full day going to see 4 houses.  We had to put on booties at each house to keep from tracking up the houses. Putting those booties on and taking them off was a big deal in itself, not to mention not falling as we bent over to put them off and get them on.  Then there was the issue of getting in and out of the car and making it into the houses without falling.  I thank God to have made it through the day, safely.  Dorothy went with us as did Bob and Dianna Clark.  Bob and Lee helped Dorothy in and out and one time she slipped, but they caught her before she hit the ground.  It was scary, but the whole day was fun.  I'm working hard to stay awake for the Thunder game.  I missed my nap, so I'm way sleepy!  As soon as the Thunder is done, I'm headed to bed.  I hope this winter weather is being good to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment