Monday, December 30, 2013

We Think Krissy's an Awesome Mom.

This is Lee's youngest daughter, Krissy and her daughter, Peyton.  Krissy does such a great job with their three kids.  I'll post one of their oldest, Madison, tomorrow.  You've seen lots of pix of their baby, Bryce. He keeps our hearts melted.  Peyton and Maddy do, too, but they're older, so we don't get so many pix and hugs from them.  It's usually hard to get Krissy to sit down for a pic, too!  I love this one and am so thrilled to have gotten it.  It was at her house that we celebrated Christmas with that huge bunch on Christmas day. She has a wonderful husband, who is also a great dad, too.  I'll get his pic in here soon, too.  I take lots of random pix and casual shots, but I don't get many good poses like this one.  Thanks, Krissy and Peyton! And, thanks to God for this sweet family in our family!

Today Lee and I went to OKC for the funeral of the mother of one of Lee's good friends.  It was pretty gut wrenching.  I didn't know the lady, but I know her son.  I jumped right into the whole thing and re-lived Don's service as well as Lee's wife, Phyllis'.  I didn't know Phyllis, but I know how the loss of her hurt her family.  I sat there and wrote my service as well as Lee's (in my mind).  I went to a friend's funeral on Saturday.  I think I'm over quota on funerals for a while; I hope so!  I thank God for precious people in our lives and I ask Him to help me to learn and grow from losing them,  I thank Him for our lives and for all the opportunities we've had to lengthen our lives.  God is good and I trust Him and His timing.  Sometimes it's hard to accept what I don't understand, but He never promised anything would be easy.

PS:  Jim Nelson, check your email; I sent you a message about an Itazuke patch that Dave Gibson has for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment