Friday, December 13, 2013

Holiday Haircuts.



We used to come to this house every Thanksgiving when Don's mom and dad owned it.  The whole family came.  One of the traditions was his niece would do haircuts.  Gretta carries on that tradition and gives haircuts.  Raynie couldn't wait to get her hair cut and Elena really wanted a haircut just like Raynie's.  Gretta and Elena's dad had agreed to let Elena's hair grow long enough for ponytails, so she would only trim Elena's hair until she got her daddy's approval.  You can see Elena in the background watching this haircut.  You can see the happy expression on Raynie's face, too.  We all loved her haircut.  We thank Gretta for delighting us all with this haircut!  We thank God for these precious memories, too.

Today has been super busy.  I monitored testing this morning and then they asked me to stay and hold the fort in the applied calculus class.  No way I could teach it, but I could enjoy being with the kids and make sure there were no fires or shootings!  Then we went to Burns Flat to watch our high school girls and boys play in a tournament.  The boys won, so we'll go back to see them play in the finals tomorrow night.  After the games we came home and the Thunder was playing, but I had to watch it from the kitchen as I made dressing for our town wide holiday meal tomorrow.  We provide that meal at church and invite the town; usually about 200 people come besides the church, so it's a big deal and tomorrow will be a busy day, too!

I'm so ready for bed; no nap time today!  I feel good, though.  I'm thanking God that my sciatic nerve is responding well to treatment on my inversion table and NuBax.  I'm lucky to have both of them!

2 comments:

  1. That is the most adorable haircut and suits Miss Raynie! I love the approving look of Elena too! Precious girls!

    Love all of you!
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so much fun watching them play! It seemed like they played hours of 'Go fish.' They were so sweet and had a great time. They also pushed buggies around the house with their babies. Too cute! I don't know who had the most fun, them or us watching them! Love you!

    ReplyDelete