Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Plus a Lot of 'Friends.'

So, here is the blue heron with many of his 'friends' in the background.  That's a bunch of Canadian geese, who have become Hobart geese (because they never leave).  Sometimes we have thousands of geese who live here and many of them leave, but many stay year 'round.  The farmers hate them because they can clear off a wheat field in a really short time.  They leave some awful green splotches all over around the park, too (we live near the park and our driveway falls heir to some of this green), so that's sometimes disgusting. However, I love their honking, and I tend to like them more than I hate them.  I can't think of any reason not to love the blue heron, though.

I thank God for a safe trip to OKC today.  We went to take some chairs to Trish and to bring home my van that she's had for several months.  I need to sell the van, though, and when we stopped by Lee's brother's house he offered to sell it for us!  What a guy!  I left it with him, happily!  I'll have to check tomorrow to see how we can work out the details of the title, etc., but I am so grateful that he will fool with it for me!  There's really not much market for selling used cars here in Hobart, and he has a great market there in OKC!  What a great couple he and his wife are!  So, instead of driving home alone, I got to ride with Lee!

It was a great day, but we're tired just from traveling.  Sorry to be so late with this post,  but thanks for bothering to keep up with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment