Monday, December 2, 2013

Just Too Funny.

From time to time Trish and I have been told that we look alike; often people think Gretta looks like me. Now, look closely at this pic.  Trish is listening intently to Rick (Lee's son-in-law) and Gretta is in the top right corner listening intently to Bob Clark, whose wife, Diana, is in front of Gretta; both of them have their tongues sticking out!  Now, that I do all the time when I'm intently working on something.  Don used to always coach me by saying, "Hold your tongue just right."  Lee often says,"I don't know why your tongue isn't chapped.  There is no doubt that if I'm gluing something or icing a cake or even vacuuming, I've got my tongue positioned just right to get the job done.  I noticed this in this pic and had to laugh out loud; it must be genetic. ( Sissy, do you do that?)  You may have to make this pic larger to see Gretta's tongue; hope you can see it.

This was after breakfast Saturday morning.  We were all just sitting around the table visiting.  Bob and Diana came after we'd already eaten, but they sat down and joined in with the visit.  They are just like family, so we were so glad that they were able to stop by while the kids were here.

My leg and back were better enough that I could go without the cane today.  They didn't call me to sub, so that was good.  I'll monitor testing the rest of the week.  My chiropractor is in the office in Hobart on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.  If I continue to get better with my own treatments I'll not go to see him, but if it's not better by Wednesday, I'll go see him after school.

I started the new pills to block estrogen in my system today.  I sure hope that they'll work and that I won't have ugly side effects from them.  So on we go with the battle.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know if Sissy does or not, but I do, and Mom did, and Phil says if Tricia had a bald head she'd look just like her Dad. I'm glad your leg and back are better; most likely resting from your busy past few days helped. Have a good week at school! Love U, Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruthie, the tongue thing may be a Fox gene. I just thought this pic was too funny! Love U!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that picture was so funny. it must be a Fox thing because I don't think I stick my tongue ouT. I'm sure if I did Brian would let me know about it.

    I have to figure out how to respond to your blog on my iPad.

    miss you, love sissy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you got through. I'm sure if you stuck your tongue out when you get intense with something you would have noticed because it makes your lips get so dry. Besides, over your lifetime someone would have pointed it out to you. Guess it is a Fox thing. Love and miss you, too!

    ReplyDelete