Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Look Who is Still Here!

It's the blue heron!  I was so thrilled to see him yesterday.  There were two of them, but I couldn't get both of them in the same pic.  He's standing on ice that's still on our lake at the park.  I'm looking forward to spring to see if they will lay eggs and raise another family!  It was really fun to watch them grow and learn to fly this past summer.  I love the treats God has for us every day.  I guess I should be overjoyed with the mosquitoes and flies, but I haven't made it to that place, yet.

It was nice to sleep in this morning.  I'm sure the school won't be calling me anymore before they break for Christmas, so it looks like my working days are done until after spring break.  I'm good with that.  I'll miss the kids, but I'll love sleeping late!  We have a high school basketball game Friday night, so it will probably be my last time to see some of the kids until the spring.  I'm glad it's a home game so we can go!

We're going to OKC tomorrow to take some things to Trish and bring our van home.  It's been living with her for the last few months, so we'll get it out of her way.  I would sure love to sell it.  Come spring, I'll have to sell it to get it out of the garage so Lee can park in there.  Anyone need a '96 Chevy van; it's a great van; I love it, but we sure don't need 3 vehicles!

No comments:

Post a Comment