Monday, December 16, 2013

Gretta and Garrett.

This pic I got of Gretta and Garrett when they were here for Thanksgiving.  Gretta just posted that she finished this semester with a B in the class that's been the toughest for her, so far, I think.  She got an A on the presentation that's been worrying her so much for the last couple of weeks.  I'm so proud of her and thank God that she's gotten past this hurdle and can enjoy the holidays free of school stress for awhile!  I also thank God that she and Garrett and all the others who came for Thanksgiving could come.  That was a special time.

Today we spent from 4:30 to 9 watching junior high basketball games.  They were great games.  We only came away with one out of 4 wins and one was a bitter loss in the last two minutes after leading the whole way.  I guess we can't win them all.  It's sure fun to watch them play, though.

The weather here was beautiful today.  Lee and I walked around the park and saw two of the blue herons!  I was so thrilled to see them!  I took pix, but I haven't looked at them yet; I'm thinking I was too far away from them, but hope maybe one was good enough to post tomorrow.  Anyway, I was delighted to see them!  I thank God for simple pleasures; He gives us so many!

No comments:

Post a Comment