Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Big sister!
























I wore the Kangoojumps around while I fixed dinner tonight and got to be the BIG sister for the first time in my life! Phil thought it was so funny! He said, “Do you wear those out in public?” I think he’s embarrassed! He wanted to know how many wrecks I’ve caused. We didn’t have any wrecks in the kitchen.

It rained most of the day today, so we did good to get out and go to the museum in Hobart. Ruthie and Phil were really impressed. We’re really proud of the museum; it’s a really good one. After the museum we went to Roy’s for lunch since we were already out in the rain. They liked Roy’s, too. It really can’t be beat in Oklahoma.

Ruthie and I spent hours listing a pair of Earth shoes on ebay! I hadn’t listed anything in months and they have changed a lot, so it was a new experience for me. My goal was to teach her how to get set up to sell some things for Phil. I’m afraid I discouraged her more than I helped her! I hope she’ll be able to figure it out when she gets home.

Tomorrow we’re going to Altus to have lunch at the Pantry and really cool tearoom sort of place. Don will have a glass of tea with us and then we’ll stop and get a burger for him because he doesn’t like that girly food. I hope I remember to get pictures tomorrow!

Gretta called today to tell me that Elena broke 7 pounds! I think she weighs 7lbs. 4 oz. and she’s 20.25 inches long. She’s a big girl, now! Ha! We love her and are very, very proud of her.

God bless us all!

2 comments:

  1. Jo! I think Tom and Don's Tours are just alike, except I would not get to go to the 'girl food place.' Ha! And that Phil, is he funny or what! Sounds like he has been hanging around Don's Tours too much. Also it sounds like Don's Tours is up and running in Hobart, Hawaii!! Double Ha.
    That Elena, what a precious little baby, and growing like a little weed. Lara weighed more when she was born and was longer than Elena now. I have about three iris buds. Love you, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, Don has never been to The Pantry. I always go with other 'girls.' He doesn't want to miss any moment with Phil, though, and Phil doesn't want to miss any meal. He'll probably eat with us and Don, too. Ha! We're having such a great time with them here.

    Yes, you'd love Elena; she's just about the size of most newborns, now at two months, tomorrow. I sure miss holding her!

    Go irises! I'm hoping it'll be warm enough that some of my blue ones will open today.

    Thanks so much for writing; it feels almost like you'll meet me in the kitchen in a minute.

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete