Monday, April 23, 2007

Busy day, but all is well!

Today was too short. We went out to David and Dorothy’s house this morning to do their haircuts and visit. On the way home we did grocery shopping and then walked. After our walk I cleaned all the veggies and cut carrots for jalapeno juice. It’s a staple in my diet these days. Late this afternoon went to Hobart’s last home baseball game and out to eat at the Pizza Hut with David and Dorothy.

The game was GREAT! The weather was perfect, so that we didn’t get hot or cold. The whole game the other team led until the last inning when we were able to tie it and in the last play of the game we won. The game was tied, David’s grandson, Shane, was at bat and there was a runner on third. The pitcher threw the ball; the catcher missed it, and the runner stole home. How cool was that? The best part was that in a previous inning when Shane was up to bat the same thing happened, only both the runners on third and second were able to score while the other team threw the ball around missing it. Shane had gotten a couple of great hits in the game, but he got 3 RBI’s without even swinging the bat. It was really fun to be on the winning side of such a game. Maybe it didn’t go EXACTLY like that, but that’s how I caught it. If Bill Coffin is reading this or Don, I’ll probably get corrected, but the bottom line is that we won and Shane was our hero. (Of course Shane is our hero no matter what happens; he and his brother moved furniture for us this weekend, so they can do no wrong; at this point in life we are so impressed by brute strength and energy!)

When we got home from the Pizza Hut I remembered that today we used our last packets of herbs, so I had to throw herbs for the next 28 days. Ugh. I got them thrown, but I’ll have to put them into the packets tomorrow.

Tomorrow is also the day that the ladies at church have invited ladies from the area for a salad supper and special speaker. I am helping register visitors and also taking all the irises from the yard to decorate. I’ll cut them in the morning and take them over and make arrangements. Other ladies have decorated the tables and the rooms in general, but I’m just adding the irises for a live touch. I’ll get some pictures for tomorrow’s blog. Today is non-picture. Please pardon! The irises are doing great, so tomorrows pictures will be good. I just didn’t have time to snap today.

God bless us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment