Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Warm, cold, warm; it's OK!




It did finally warm up! We actually took off for a walk with me in my kangoojumps. They weren’t tight enough and there was nowhere to sit down and adjust them. It’s the first time I’d been out of the house in them, so I was fumbling. We made it to the park and I sat on a bench to tighten them. We decided to come back home, though, because I was afraid they’d rub blisters on my ankles. I never wear any kind of boots, so these were rubbing me where I’d never been rubbed before! We got home and I put on tennis shoes for walking and we went back out for a real walk. By then a storm was brewing, so we just went around the block and came back home.

We enjoyed a while just sitting out on the back deck watching the birds and enjoying the warm. We heard the phone ring and I came in to answer it and it was David and Dorothy telling us Hobart was playing their first home baseball game. They were there and wondered if we wanted to join them. We’re pretty hooked on watching their grandson play, so off we went. It was great for about 30 minutes and then Oklahoma’s weather took a change and blew in cold weather again. It was still fun! David’s daughter, Stephanie brought a bunch of blankets and we survived. The team lost, but they saved face, and it was still fun to watch. After the game we went to our favorite Mexican Restaurant and had dinner with David and Dorothy. I had my camera in my pocket, but forgot to take a picture. I should have asked the waitress to take one, but flat forgot. It would have been a good shot of real fun and love. We love David and Dorothy like family. Today’s picture is one of them at our house one time in the past.

Yesterday I told you about my exercise efforts. I didn’t mention what I do about meds. One thing I do is brew the Essiac Tea. I’ve learned how to do it so that it doesn’t stink up the whole house (use the exhaust fan). I have to brew it every 3 days and it keeps the refrigerator pretty full of icky tea. It’s not all that bad to drink, but it’s no joy. I’ve gotten used to it. I just pretend I’m playing mud pies and get to really drink the stuff. It makes water taste absolutely delicious! This week I only have to take medicine 4 times a day, not within 30 minutes of having food. The tea I have to drink an hour before eating and 2 hours after eating, but only twice a day. The timing of the whole thing is the hardest thing.

I’m taking my regular handful of herbs, plus another two specifically for cancer. Those are just taken twice a day; they don’t have to be at any certain time. It took me two days to sort out all the herbs and vitamins that Don and I will take for the next 2 weeks. Every couple of weeks I have to get those sorted and bagged so that I don’t have to do it every day. So, if you wonder what I’m doing, it’s probably some sort of exercise or sorting herbs (I call it throwing herbs). I’m about to go take my de-tox bath to get the chill from the baseball game out of my bones, not to mention whatever toxins are brave enough to still be in my body!

God bless us all!

4 comments:

  1. Don't think for one minute that your talk of weather, housecleaning, etc. isn't worth writing about. You talk about all areas of your life with such joy it inspires me to appreciate those everyday events in my own life. I may even buy me a pair of kangaroo jumps and go bounding through the neighborhood one of these days! Love, Patty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty! So good to hear from you, again! I love the way you express things. I'll think of you the next time I go "bounding" off in my kangoojumps! You and I have a bond that will last a lifetime; I hope it gives you the courage it gives to me. Don and I walked today, but I didn't wear the kangoojumps. I think maybe I'll enjoy them more close to home so I won't have to worry about wearing them until I have a blister. I'm so grateful for a warmer day. You know how Oklahoma weather can change; we love the changes toward warmth! Love you heaps and gobs! Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Friends, thank you so much for all your updates and pictures. I sure do enjoy every one and every day. Now you really have something to look forward to as you do since your big?? Sister and Brother-in-law will soon be with you. I do know they are the Best friends anyone could ever have. Our Daughter, Jane and Granddaughter Tammy and Great Granddaughter, Allison are here from Indianapolis and Tammy from Schereville. They came Sat. We were expecting Jane but sure a pleasnt surprise with Tammy and her baby, 15 months old and a as we call her a Monkey! You all stay well and enjoy to the fullest your time together!! God Bless you all
    With Love and Prayers
    Dot and Frazier

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dot, how sweet of you to take time out from your wonderful surprise visit to view the blog and even write a note. We're so excited that Ruthie and Phil are coming that we can hardly stand still! I sure pray that their trip will be safe and that they can be comfortable traveling. We're going to soak up and enjoy every moment they're here. I hope they'll let me get lots of pictures of them! You all hold the fort for them while they're gone! Love you, Jo

    ReplyDelete