Friday, April 27, 2007

New iris, yarrow, crepe myrtle, deer and bridge . . .





You must be tired of my irises, but I’m not! I’m enjoying a new one, so I’ve pictured it for you. I’m not sure of it’s name, but I’m sure it is beautiful! There is a picture of it with Roney’s Encore right beside it and then one of it all alone. The next picture is of my sweet little deer nestled in the ground cover at the base of the crepe myrtle that is beginning to grow leaves after Don pruned it Tyler, Texas style. I love that deer. Don’s mother had it in the garden here, when she lived here, so it’s special to me. Every now and then the wind blows out it’s antlers, but it always survives, so I know it wants to live here. The last picture is my yarrow just beginning to bloom. It’ll be a beautiful burst of yellow next week when it is in full bloom. The bridge is a thing Don bought for me about 5 years ago just because I wanted it. I couldn’t think of any way at all to justify it, but I loved it and wanted it, so he bought it. He’s my hero for things like that and lots more.

This will be the last blog until Sunday night. That means I’m skipping Saturday. We’re going to Wichita Falls to watch our Grandson, Bruce play in a baseball tournament. I’m not taking the computer, so I’ll take a day off from the blog. I’ll catch up when we get home Sunday night.

We’ve got friends coming to visit with us for a couple of days Sunday. They’re coming from Oklahoma City and will be here when we get here. We believe the boys will play until the end of the tournament, so we’ll see them through it. I’ve got a light sandwich supper in the fridge for our good friends Barbara and Ira. Ira managed the building where we officed when we had our business in Oklahoma City, and Barbara was the one who really ran things in the office. It went something like that. Anyway, they were both there and kept the building great for us. Our office was on the same floor as their offices, just down the hall. We built a great relationship and never gave up the friendship when we all later retired. Anyway, they’re coming and we are very excited to see them . . . second only to seeing Bruce’s team win their tournament!

I’ve got to get our bags packed, but that’s pretty simple. Have a great weekend and count blessings with me! God is so good to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment