Thursday, April 5, 2007

Winter is back?


The cold is catching up with us! We managed to escape for the winter, but it's BACK! I went out to check on my iris and decided to cut it and bring it inside; I can't stand for it to freeze. There are lots of other spikes, but I hope the cold won't get them. Iris are pretty tough. Even if it does, there will surely be more.


One of my big iris beds is right under the basketball goal, so it's taken a beating, but I think we'll have plenty. Our precious neighbor girls practice ball diligently every single day; that's way more important than a handful of flowers, and we have gobs of other flowers. Those girls are just 6 and 3 and they're going to play basketball for years. I love it when I hear their ball bouncing out there and see them practicing. I'm amazed at that kind of diligence at their ages.


I was headed for my bathroom counter to clear off the clutter in there, but ended up in the bathroom off the laundry room. That is really the room that catches everything. When we built on our bathroom we swiped the stool out of the bathroom in the laundry room, so there is only a sink and cabinet and drawers and shelves in there. I have that all crammed full and then 'stuff' sitting in the floor, too. UGH! Well, it's a lot better tonight. Tomorrow I will get to the counter in my bathroom. It's been fun to get rid of a lot of clutter around here. It feels good to have a cut flower on my bar, too. That always feels good to me. I'll share it with you; that's sweet Elena by the flower.


God bless us all!


4 comments:

  1. Hey there!

    I was thinking, "I haven't talked to mom in a while...." and wondering if the taxes had done you in, and then I remembered that I needed to catch up on the blog! Happy to hear you survived the taxes and now I know why I haven't talked to you - you've been BUSY!! Way to go! De-cluttering is definately a chore. I feel like the more I de-clutter, the more there IS to de-clutter! Maybe one of these days I'll learn not to clutter in the first place.... I'm down to half a dozen sewing machines from somewhere around 20. That counts, right?

    Love - me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Trish! Poor baby; there is probably no hope for you. You come from a long line of pack rats and clutterers! Maybe we can turn it around with our generations and Sadie and Grace won't have to keep it up. We must call and talk; I miss talking! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo! The iris is beautiful! Does she have name? My loving hubby ran over some with the riding mower--just had to get just a little closer. Oh, well. He thought my reaction to his butchering was funny. Men! Happy Easter, Linda R.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure she has a name, but I forget it. I'll ask my friend who gave her to me; she knows all of them by name! She is Joan, who plays cards with us; you'll see her on the blog. Don't worry about the ones Tommy ran over; they'll come up again. I love how irises are so tough! Happy Easter! Love you, Jo

    ReplyDelete