Saturday, April 21, 2007

Explanation . . . de-stressing!







Today has been another good day. I need to explain the comment I made in the blog yesterday: “If we sell this house . . . “ We want to scale down a bunch and we want to live where it is warm year round. We believe scaling down will make life simpler for me because I won’t have the stress of always needing to clean and always needing to weed and harvest flowers and veggies in the yard. I’ve decided to have no vegetables this summer. We’ll do baseball with the grandkids and not sweat the veggies. We are not likely to sell this house, so we are looking to make it simpler to live here for the 8 months that are warm. The other months we will go to where it is warm. IF we SHOULD sell this house, then it will be simpler if we have already gotten rid of all the extra stuff we have. We don’t have the house on the market, but we are doing the scaling down part. We love it here except for the cold months. Our plan right now is to go to South Texas for the winter months. We’ll see how that works next winter. We don’t have any plan to move, though. If the house should sell, we’d probably just buy something smaller here in town. (If someone comes up and asks if we’d sell the house, we’d talk; otherwise, we’re keeping it.)

Now to tell you how today went. Dorothy and David mentioned a couple of weeks ago that they wanted to buy a new sofa. I said, “Don’t buy a new sofa; take one of ours!” So, they came shopping at our house today and bought the sofa that was in our bedroom and a chair from a guest bedroom. We rearranged a bit and love the extra space and don’t even miss the furniture. We were at their house playing cards tonight and it looks great in their house. We’re all happy!

I got pictures of the ‘new’ stones in the garden and Roney’s Encore in full bloom. Those are the pictures on the blog tonight. We had a great time playing cards tonight; my team won all but one game, so we did much better than last night!

Ruthie and Phil made it home in one day! I found email from them the first thing this morning telling me they had driven all the way. They’re tougher than I thought! We don’t even do that, anymore! Thank God for their safe trip and for their visit!

God bless us all!

2 comments:

  1. Who could have created something as beautiful as the iris. Roney's Encore is perfect. I have a black one in bud. I must find my sheet with their names. Glad Ruthie and Phil made it home safely. How far south in Texas!? Do I need to learn Spanish? Don's Tours will have a whole new place to explore. Fun! Love to you both on this beautiful Sunday morn, Linda R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only God does that fine job! I love the Tennessee purple, but all the other colors floor me . . . especially when they rebloom in the fall. I don't have any black ones unless one I planted last year is black. I lose track of them! We're looking at way south Texas just near the border in maybe Harlingen. We may end up back in Branson and just sit in a hot tub for vitamin d. The only pretty certain thing is that we aren't staying here for the winter. You never need to learn Spanish in my book unless you're going to Mexico. I wish you two would come out here this summer and climb around our mountains with us. These are real doable mountains and way fun. Thanks for your love; it's a blessing to us; you always make me smile. Love you, Jo

    ReplyDelete