Friday, April 20, 2007

Sunshiny day and irises blooming!
































The pictures are from yesterday at the Wildlife Reserve. The first one is a prairie dog showing us how he does spring cleaning. The second one is Phil behind and leaning on the heart rock. The last one is Ruthie and Phil contemplating and deciding against a climb on the rocks. It was a great day of adventure!

Today was beautiful! We hated to see Ruthie and Phil leave, but we rejoice with such a wonderful visit. We played cards tonight, and everyone in the group was sad to miss them. The men won all 4 games, so we’re out to get them tomorrow night. We played here tonight; we’ll play at David and Dorothy’s tonight. We’re all meeting for breakfast in the morning. We’re a tight group and can’t get too much of each other.

My blue irises were blooming this morning before Ruthie left, so she got to see them. She sees plenty in Tennessee, but I wanted her to see I’ve got a bit of Tennessee here with me. The Roney’s Encore is in full bloom in the back yard. I should have taken a picture, but I didn’t get that done today. Phil had taken me up on my offer of some cool rocks I had in the flower garden, so I spent today putting the walkways back in shape before the ground gets hard or more rain comes. The ground was just perfect for working out there, so I got with the program. I had a huge rock shaped like a heart and a few shaped like states. I loved them, but if we sell this house, nobody but me would love them. I thought Phil and Ruthie might love them in their garden, and I was right. I had plenty more good stepping stone sort of rocks, so I just filled in the spaces. I loved being in the garden. I hoed weeds that were sneaking back, so I’m ahead of them right now. Whew! It was a great day even if Ruthie and Phil did leave. They couldn’t have left if they’d never come, so I’m thanking God that they came and asking Him to give them a safe trip home.

God bless us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment