Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Lake is full!



I almost went to bed forgetting to write in the blog! I’ve been brewing Essiac tea to get us through until Monday or so, so that I won’t have to do it right away after Ruthie and Phil get here. I’m so excited about them coming I could just dance if I knew how! I was headed to jiggle and then fall into bed and remembered the blog!

We had a nice day today, so Don and I walked around the park. I took a couple of pictures of the park and lake for the blog. If you look closely you can see the dam at the back of the lake; there is a walking trail up on top of the dam, so we can walk all around the park. This park is just a couple of blocks from our house, so the kids from this family for the last two generations have loved to go there and play. Us big kids love to go there and walk! I took a couple of shots so that I could get the playground as well as the lake with the ducks and geese. Notice that the lake is so full that the water is right up to the bottom of the bridge. We’ve had a good bit of rain since we’ve been home, so the farmers are happy and the lake is full.

I still have 30 minutes of jiggling to do, so I’m going to post this and get with the jiggling and then to bed. I’ll do the blog tomorrow, but Friday I may take off since we’ll be in OKC with Ruthie and Phil. I doubt if I’ll have Internet connection. If I can, I’ll post on Friday, but I don’t know if I’ll get to or not. Hang tough with us while we goof off and enjoy each other!

God Bless us all!

3 comments:

  1. Your pictures of the park brings back such fun memories. I do remember walking on the dam and there were tarantula holes everywhere. I couldn't get off that dam quick enough and then Uncle Gene chased me with a fake tarantula!! Those were days when I was fairly new to the family and very gullable!! Thanks for sharing and remember you're in our thoughts and prayers. Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zelma, you are so cute! That rascal, Gene! I've never seen a tarantula or even a hole on the dam . . . lots of turtles in the water, and once we saw a snake, but never a tarantula. Yes, lots of memories go back to the park and here at the house! Thanks for keeping us in your prayers and thoughts. You're in ours, too. Thanks for the Easter pictures, BTW! Those grandkids are something else! Love you, Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Oh how excited I am knowing you and Don and Phil and Ruthie are enjoying being together! I don't want to take up your time but just had to send this, to Thank You for the Updates, all of them and the book that you sent for me. Ruthie brought it the other day and I forgot to tell you Thank you very much. Thank you for the update with the picture of Ruthie and Phil. It makes me want to talk to them. Have all the fun you can handle. Take care and enjoy!
    With our Love and Prayers,
    Dot and Frazier

    ReplyDelete