Monday, April 16, 2007



Here’s our baby darling (Elena) in the picture we got today. She’s still so tiny; Gretta has to stuff a blanket into the multipurpose walker with her to fit her in there. She looks a little overwhelmed with it all!

The other picture is the picture I have on the bar from right after she was born with my new irises that opened today. The peach colored ones are the ones that opened before and this is the second stalk. Linda, they are called Roney’s Encore. The pink colored one just opened for the first time this year and it is called October Splendor. I love to bring them inside and put them beside Elena! Today was a warm and very nice day.

Today we just enjoyed being around her together except for when Don and I went to our friend’s funeral. I can’t believe how time flies when we’re just having a good time with each other! Oh, we DID go to the library and Ruthie fell in love with the centennial quilt. They were having a used book sale and Ruthie and I both bought a sack full. We’re not so good at getting RID of stuff, but we’re great at attracting stuff!

Tomorrow we’re going to the museum in town and we’re going to list some things on ebay. We’re planning to go to Roy’s Backyard Barbeque for supper. We think Roy’s is the best barbeque place in Oklahoma, so we’re really proud to have it here.

Enjoy whoever is near and dear to you! God bless us all!

2 comments:

  1. Jo & Don!!: Dat baby is so precious. I would give anything to live near them so I could hold her and babysit. And the iris are so pretty. I always love their names. I used to know the names of the few I have now but over time and replanting I have forgotten. Tell Ruthie not to waste her money buying chances on the OK quilt because I am going to win it!! Love y'all, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, you know I am sick we don't live close enough to enjoy this time with Elena, too. Gretta is good to keep the pictures coming and phone reports, but we know we are missing so much!

    Ruthie really fell in love with the quilt. It's going to be such a treasure for someone! It comes with a key that names each square and tells who made it. I wish they had a picture of each person who made a square; maybe I'll see if I can get that done. That would mean a lot to whoever gets the quilt. Thank you for sharing in my enthusiasm for the quilt! I'm keeping your tickets for you in case you win and I'll get it to you. I have your name on them, so they'll be separate from mine, but the ones I turned in for the drawing have your name, address and phone number on them, too.

    Love and miss you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete