Monday, April 9, 2007

Grace's haircut

Ha! Today my cousin wrote that I should bring my energy for cleaning to her house and get to work, or something like that. It dawned on me that I’m giving the wrong impression. I don’t have the energy for this cleaning; I’m just using the energy I can muster for that purpose. We left for Tijuana in such a rush, that I didn’t leave things in the order that I would have liked. Even if I had cleaned before I left, there would still have been 4 months of dust lying around inside, and 4 months of whatever the wind blew up and weeds outside! Doing the taxes was such a burden, I was really glad to escape to cleaning. I don’t like cleaning, but relative to taxes, cleaning is like a trip to Disney Land! Also, having it hanging over my head motivates me to get it done. I don’t know why that is, because then it just needs to be done AGAIN. We’ve decided that we want to snowbird to somewhere that is warm next winter, so we’ll do it again. I want to have a better plan next year! If we have an opportunity to sell this house and move to something smaller, we need to scale down, so I’m challenged to get rid of lots of clutter as I go with the cleaning. That makes it more interesting than just plain old cleaning.

Another cousin thought maybe I had quit writing the blog since she had trouble finding it. I wonder sometimes if I should quit writing it because it sounds kind of boring with my report of cleaning. I thought maybe I should be telling about the exercises that I do.

We walk 2-3 miles if the weather is good. Everyday I do an hour on my jiggling machine. It’s a machine that sits on the floor, and I lie down and put my ankles into a padded cradle on the jiggler. I turn it on and just lie there and read. It is my salvation as far as my back is concerned; I don’t know what I ever did without it. It is also very good for lymph drainage, which is important to my situation right now. Circulation and lymph drainage are very important all the time, but particularly when I am aiming to get healing medicines into all parts of my body.

I do a HOT bath for 30-45 minutes 3 times a week. That’s good for de-toxing. (I also LOVE it!)

I have those Kangoojumps, and I wear those around the house as often as possible. I’d like to do 15 minutes a day in them, but I forget sometimes. They are very good for lymph drainage, too. They are too much fun; I tend to think of them as a fun thing, and put them off and don’t get around to them. I’m going to use them for our outside walks as soon as it warms up a bit; maybe tomorrow.

The excitement of today was that Grace cut her hair. Grace will be 4 in a couple of weeks. So, Trish had to take her to the beauty shop to let them give her the bob she wanted. We’ll get to see her Friday when we go to OKC. We’re meeting Ruthie and Phil in OKC, so that’s the big deal of this week! We’re staying the night in OKC to go to a car show on Saturday; then we’ll come to Hobart Saturday afternoon. I can hardly wait!

Everyone have a great week; I hope it warms up everywhere and spring will really be here! God keep us all safe and healthy!

1 comment:

  1. MaryJo, My husband is supposed to go to that same car show this coming weekend. He is having trouble rounding up his buddies so don't know if he is going or not. I'm pretty sure its the same car show...old ones, right? dana
    Yes, its a small world

    ReplyDelete