Monday, April 30, 2007

Life is uncertain.
























Well, it’s been a really full day. We had to be at the ballpark for the first game at 8 and the boys obviously weren’t awake, either. They lost, so we were out of the tournament immediately. Bruce did a great job, but it takes the team working together. We’ve never seen Bruce’s team lose their first game, so it was a new experience for us, but it was good for us because we were able to get home in time to greet our guests from Oklahoma City. Our ride home was beautiful as it was on the way down there. Wild flowers were blooming all along the road. I took some pictures on the way home, but I’m not sure how good they’ll be. If they work, I’ll put them on the blog. We see mostly yellow paintbrush around here, but we saw lots of red on this trip, so that was a treat. I’ll put on a picture of Bruce pitching, too.

I had some items listed on ebay that sold over the weekend, so I’ve just packaged them up to get out in the morning. No restaurants are open on Monday, so I’m cooking tomorrow. Our Kozy Diner is usually open, but they’re putting on a new roof, so I’m cooking tomorrow. God will provide! It’s going to be whole-wheat biscuits and gravy; I can do that!

I just read my emails and found that my cousin’s wife passed away early this morning after an extended illness and fight for life. I know that God has a plan, but I’m sure He also knows that we hurt with losses like this. It’s kind of hard to be upbeat, knowing that there is a huge loss in our family. I do thank God that this struggle is over and that He is in control of everything. Our memories we can always treasure and Dot was always a part, so there are lots of great memories.

Life is uncertain. Enjoy it in every way that you can and count the blessings and thank God with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment