Monday, April 21, 2008

Baseball is such a great adventure!


The picture on the blog today is of 3 great ball players, in my opinion. The one on the right is our grandson, Bruce. The other two are guys who have been on his team for years. We are so proud of all of them. They play great ball and when they aren’t playing ball, they’re just great all around kids. This shot was taken while they were waiting on the championship game yesterday, so they were just hanging out, after already having played 3 games that day and two on Saturday..

It was so much fun for us to be back at the ball field, watching the boys and being around their positive parents and grandparents. These guys play on a tournament team, so they travel to play these tournaments; it’s quite a commitment from their families as well as from them. They get a lot of experience playing good teams from mostly all over Texas, but sometimes other states, as well. I love the atmosphere.

Thanks so much to Trish for posting for me last night. I’d forgotten how late it could be when your team plays all the way to the finish! We left the ballpark at 9:30 and they were still passing out trophies. We pulled in at home at 2:15 a.m. We slept until 9 this morning! God blessed us with a wonderful weekend of weather and safe traveling for all of us. I have a few more pictures I’ll be sharing this week and some more stories from the weekend.

The weather here was perfect today, so we walked this morning. This afternoon I changed our sheets and did 5 loads of laundry. I’m still folding some of it and the last load is in the dryer. My irises are about to burst into bloom; there are stalks standing all over the place. I cut the only two open blooms today and put them on my mirror in my bathroom. Soon the yard will be ablaze with more blooms than I can possibly bring into the house. God gives us such abundance and spring is such a reminder of that! PTL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment