Friday, April 11, 2008

Home!



The day has been perfect! We got up at 5 to load the car and we were done by 6! We didn’t have to leave until 7:15 but we figured we could sit at the hospital and wait as well as we could sit at the apartment, so we went on to the hospital. We got there and they took us right in! So we were done and leaving the hospital by 7! The picture today is the one Ann (who has traveled this radiation road and knows the ropes) told us to be sure and get: Don and I standing by the bell we ring when we finish the radiation treatments. I’m in my red shirt and Don calls that a red shirt because it has red on it. It has a pocket and that’s the key when we’re traveling. If you look closely you can see the dark spots here and there on my shirt from the stuff they let me put on my burned skin; pretty much ruins shirts, but helps the skin!

The traffic in Houston was the least we’ve ever seen on a day other than Sunday. We moved right along and NEVER came to a single stop. It was a breeze. We drove to Conroe and stopped at the Cracker Barrel for breakfast, and by 8:30 we were leaving for home. We stopped for lunch north of Dallas and got home at 3:45! We couldn’t believe it. We unloaded and put away a few things, but this is a BIG job! We met our friends at the Mexican Restaurant and had a great reunion! There were 13 of us at one table and then we saw lots more. It was great. We are so tired, though. We’ve been up since 5!

God has so richly blessed us. I can’t believe I forgot to take the camera to the restaurant tonight; I’ll take it to the Kozy Diner tomorrow, though. Coming home is really sweet! I can only imagine what it will be like to go to heaven, but I appreciate this time here with folks all over who love us. (Do you know the song, ‘I Can Only Imagine?’ It’s a favorite of mine.)

2 comments:

  1. MaryJo,
    I'm just glad you are finally home..I know how much it means to you to be back in your own home.
    dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dana. It's so wonderful to be home! I had Don take pictures in the tub, knowing you'd appreciate them. Ha! It's so good to be getting back to sort of normal.

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete