Sunday, April 27, 2008

More treasures.


The picture on the blog tonight is sweet Gracie. I couldn’t get the camera to work to get a picture of her during her soccer game, but I got this one later at her house.

Today has been a restful Sunday. We had lunch at the Mexican Restaurant after church and then I had time for a little nap before we walked. The Oklahoma wind made it awfully cold for walking, but we made it. After our walk we put together a new chair we bought yesterday for the computer, and replaced our old chair mat. Of course there is a line where the old mat was. So, there is my project for tomorrow: clean the carpet around the computer. (I’m already giving thanks for the scum buster!)

The irises are standing tall and braving the winds. I’ll have to remember to get pictures of them in full bloom this week. Talk about abundance; God is sure blessing me with these gorgeous irises.

Thursday we’re going to Oklahoma City for Don’s 50th high school reunion. This week I’ll be working on figuring out what to wear for the events of the reunion. It’s interesting to go through my closet because I’m finding shoes and clothes I’d forgotten I even had. For so long I couldn’t wear shoes with toes; I never liked shoes with toes, but I did own some. I feel so blessed to be able to wear shoes with toes! God is ever gracious!

The burns on my chest aren’t nearly as sore as they were last week. I think it must have peaked. The peeling continues, but I’m thinking it may be done in a couple of weeks; I hope so. I’m still tender, but I feel so good. This morning a precious lady at church came up and hugged me very gently; as she did, she quietly said, “I don’t want to hurt you so I’m trying not to get too close.” Bless her sweet heart. You know how some things stick in your mind? That one will always stick in my mind. I’ve had a million hugs and I cherish them all. Some did hurt, but love in them healed the hurt. I knew she was so genuine and I treasure her sensitivity on top of the love. It made me want to squeeze her until I hurt! God puts special treasures in our lives and they are all people!

No comments:

Post a Comment