Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Erica is a devoted fan.


The picture on the blog tonight is Erica, Bruce’s big sister, talking on the phone between games. She is our oldest grandbaby; she’ll set us straight in a New York minute that she’s almost 18! She has always been a great supporter of Bruce and it warmed my heart to see her squeeze his sweaty, dirty (from sliding) shoulders after they won one of the games this weekend. It seems like no time ago that we kept them one weekend and he so looked up to her. He wouldn’t do anything without checking it with ‘Erita’ first. Old memories are precious and it’s wonderful to make new ones all the time.

Today has been rainy off and on, so we didn’t get to walk. I did lots of stretching and good exercise in our ‘gym’ down the hall, but walking is lots more fun. I guess it’s good for me to have a day that we can’t walk to make me appreciate it even more.

I saw the dentist this morning to have that one cavity filled. It went pretty well, but it sure is sore, now. How grateful I am that I only had that one cavity. I think that’s great after all the chemo. I think the last cavity I had was a couple of years ago, so I’m feeling good about my teeth. I ordered some bands to see if I can pull my teeth together to fill in that gap, but they aren’t here yet. I imagine that will make my mouth sore, too, but it’ll be fun to see if I can do it myself.

Angelica came and cleaned the house today. What a blessing she is! She had the house sparkling when we got home from Houston, but with us being home for nearly 2 weeks it was time to clean it again. It was good for me to have a deadline to get everything put into it’s place . . . well, some I hid and probably won’t find myself! God is so good; I sure count her as one of my blessings.

Philippians 4:8 “ . . . whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honorable, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” We missed church tonight, but my ‘sources’ tell me that the lesson was around this scripture. This might be one of my favorite scriptures. It sure is a great way to live, so I thank God for giving us this plan for living.

No comments:

Post a Comment