Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April here already!


7490 Brompton, Apt. 442
Houston, TX 77025
713-660-7816
donshnell@sbcglobal.net

Tonight’s picture is Brett, Heather, and Luke. Luke takes a step here and there and will walk around the furniture and holding onto your hand, but he’s most comfortable with the speedy crawl. It won’t be long until he flies ‘solo’ and it’ll be really tough to catch him. He’s really fast on his knees! He’ll be one soon; we’re missing his birthday celebration by one day, but we are so anxious to go home, so we’re counting on the rest to be able to keep up the celebration without us.

Today I saw the radiology oncologist and he is very pleased with my treatments. I learned that this is actually the last week of my regular treatment plan and next week is what they call a ‘boost.’ That means they will hone in really strong on where my tumor was because that is where it is most likely to recur. So, today they marked off that area so they can get everything situated to radiate that area big time next week. It’s good for me, too, because now I know exactly where to really watch closely. (Like I won’t be watching everywhere like a hawk!) He was not concerned about the blisters; they are very small and to be expected at this point. He is pleased that I still have the energy to walk an hour every day; me, too!

We got rained out of our walk for the first time, today. So, we went over to the exercise room at the apartments and there were 2 treadmills, so we walked there! I thank God for the treadmills for a backup, but I really thank Him for the good days to walk the area; that’s lots more interesting!

2 comments:

  1. Jo,

    I'm so excited for you that you are so close to the final countdown. You have truly been a trooper and have done so well. I love reading about your experiences and thank God, too, for your many blessings--Don being the best one of all. What a great supporter he is and how great it is to see your smiles almost every day. I just love the pictures. Maybe you and Don can make a trip to WV one of these days??? Would love to have you.

    Well, keep up the good work and will be praying that next week won't sap your energy and you will be on your way home soon. Spring is coming here and I can't wait--ready to plant some flowers. Started picking up sticks today in readiness for the first lawn mowing. Caleb (Ashley's oldest son--almost 3) is here with me so he was big help...YEA!

    Take care and God bless.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Donna, what a sweet note! I hope I didn't jam up your computer with too many pictures tonight. I just wanted everyone to see the hair update. I'm almost back to me in the hair area!

    Thanks so much for your encouragement and for your prayers. Next week can't have my energy; I refuse to give it up! I may fall into a heap when we finally get home, but my friends have promised to prop me up. Friends and family are the BEST!

    I can see Caleb helping you pick up sticks! What a thrill to have those grandkids helping; aren't they the most fun! I can hardly wait to get to see some of our kids. Doris and Jerry have been so great to share their boys with us, but I can hardly wait to see ours and have them see me with some hair. The last they saw me I was pretty stripped, so I think they'll be glad to see me looking more like myself. (Hmmmmm . . . wonder if they'll notice the flat chest??? I was fitted with a set of prosthesis for casual and for dress, but I don't see me wearing them. What is dress and what is casual??? This is all new; maybe I'll get the hang of it.)

    Thanks so much for your love and support.

    Love,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete