Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Sadie's a lady with purpose; get the job done!


The picture tonight is Sadie at Mason’s game last Saturday. She’s something else! Besides her blue eyes, her beauty and her gentle ladylike spirit, she’s as big a tomboy as she has to be to get the job done. A couple of foul balls landed in the gutter of the roof over the dugout and she was scrambling to get them. Don went over and held her up and she out scrambled guys bigger than her who were climbing up after them. She beat them to the only two balls that were stuck up there and the umpire gave her tickets for two cokes. She gave one of the cokes to a girlfriend of hers. Coming third in line after two big brothers taught her to scramble with the toughest.

Today’s been busy. We’ve been getting ready to leave tomorrow to go to Oklahoma City for Don’s 50th high school reunion. I’ve washed 3 loads of clothes so we’re leaving everything clean. We walked and went to church tonight. Oh, we took our friend, Joan, out for lunch at the Barbeque place (I didn’t get to pick or you know it would have been the Mexican restaurant!). She’s the friend who takes care of our flower gardens and mail when we’re gone. She’s also in the canasta bunch. It was important to celebrate with her since we won’t be here to play cards with her this weekend. I got the carpet scum busted, too!

I’m going to get posts ready to put on the Internet each day. I hope I can figure out how to do it from where we are. I’m not taking the laptop with me; there’s too much to do to fool with the computer. I’ll use Tricia’s computer or Davy’s or get Trish to do it for me. Anyway, we’ll get the posts done. Hang tough with me; I’ll answer any comments when we get home Sunday night. Don’t worry about me; I’m doing really great. I have plenty of energy and feel really good. I thank God so much for this chance at life and all it’s rich blessings! You are counted among our blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment