Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Raynie gives up a smile for Grammy.


Is this a precious baby darling, or what? This is Raynie when she and I were waiting in the car for Pop to go in and get sandwiches at Arby’s for lunch on Saturday. I had to take 8 pictures to get this one of her smiling. (Thanks for my digital camera!) She was just coming around to realize that I was okay with her. She kept looking at me trying to figure out just who I was. I sound so much like her mommy, but she knows I’m someone else. It took her a while to warm up to me, but she did. She’s so precious, as all the kids are. She weighs 16 pounds, now, and will be 10 months old the 10th of May. We’re going this weekend to Don’s 50th high school reunion in OKC, so we’ll get to see Trish and her family again. Raynie will begin to know us soon because we’ll be seeing more of them.

Today has been an awesome day for me. This morning we went to Dorothy and David’s house to give them haircuts and that was such a delight. I love doing that! They both have great hair and it’s so easy to cut; they come out looking great and I get to have a part in that. While we were there we helped them to move around some furniture in preparation for a family gathering they have this next week. Then we all went to lunch at the Mexican Restaurant. I never get enough of any of that! It’s just so grand to be home and doing things I love to do. We walked this afternoon, too. I never got around to scum busting the carpet yet, but it’ll be here when I get back from doing things I like!

This morning we found out that the youth intern who is coming to work with our congregation this summer is going to stay at our house! We love that! They were having a hard time finding a place for him to rent and asked if he could stay with us until they could find a place. We insisted that we’d love to have him stay all summer, so they checked with him and he agreed to it. We think it will be such a blessing to have him in our home.

I got to take some pictures of the irises in full bloom today. I’ll get them on the blog sometime when I don’t have people to show. Irises are great, but people are the best!

It seems like God keeps showering us with blessings, and He certainly does. I thank Him so much for so many rich blessings.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jo! Just checking in and looking at all of the new pictures of the kids. They are growing up so fast. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    PS we love Mexican food too!

    Love,
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rene and thanks for checking in on us! The kids sure do grow up fast; we have a hard time keeping up with them, but it's sure worth the effort.

    Hug the girls for me and thanks for doing such a great job keeping us informed on Kailan's site!

    Love,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete