Thursday, April 17, 2008

Cold and windy, but home sweet home!


The picture tonight is the iris that I have hanging on my mirror in the bathroom. It’s Total Recall. I forgot to tell you last night that the peach colored one is Roney’s Encore. They name these irises like racehorses, don’t they?

Today we were supposed to get rain, and it was really cold because of the wind and cool temperatures. Don and I walked all the streets nearby the house for an hour so that we could get home pretty quickly if it started raining. I wore a wool hat and Don wore earmuffs, besides long pants and jackets, to keep warm. We’re missing the warmth and the great family in Houston, but we’re still so glad to be at home!

This weekend we’re going back to Dallas to watch Bruce play in a tournament. We’ve missed his tournaments so much. Next weekend we’re going to Oklahoma City to watch Grace, Sadie, and Mason play ball. We’re getting back into the swing of things. I’ve still got things to get into place around here, but I’m almost done. The canasta group is coming here to play tomorrow night, so I’ve got to be done by then or find a place to stash it. Ha!

After 6 days of Arimidex I’m not noticing ANY side effects. I’m so grateful for THAT. God amazes me. I thought I was amazed before breast cancer, but I don’t even have the vocabulary to express how much I thank Him and stand amazed at all He does! Another breast cancer ‘sister’ wrote that a dear friend suggested to her that she is not a victim but rather a vessel. I love that attitude and it seems so true. I feel like I’m a vessel holding so many blessings and so much love. How blessed I am. I’m blessed that you are reading this; thank you!

2 comments:

  1. No...don't stop writing..I'm still here reading. Love the irises...they are beautiful. dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dana; I love knowing you're there.

    Hugs,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete