Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Happy Anniversary!



The picture on the blog tonight is Don and I at the Black Eyed Pea celebrating our anniversary. It’s been a great day and we had a great dinner.

We saw the radiology oncologist this morning and he is very pleased with my progress. He wants to see me again in 3 months. If all is good, then he’ll only need to see me again in 6 months. That’s good for us. Thursday we see the medical oncologist. I think we are good to go, then after I have my last treatment on Friday. We are so ready!

We already have breakfast planned on Saturday morning at the Kozy Diner in Hobart with the canasta gang. As I told the doctor this morning, our bodies are here, but we’re really already gone home. We’re like kids on the last day of school. Our bodies are here, but that’s it.

Thanks so much for keeping up with us. I’ll keep you informed! Praise God for His awesome care for us.

4 comments:

  1. We wanted to wish you both a very happy and special Anniversary!

    We will miss you guys! I have enjoyed all the times that we have shared while you were here. I look forward to visiting Hobart one day! Have a safe trip back home on Friday! We love you guys!!

    XOXO!
    Love always,
    Heather, Brett & Luke

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous of those canasta friends! I wish I was having breakfast with you guys! I love you! I miss you! I doubt I will get to see you before the reunion, butI will just count the days until then!

    LOVE YOU!
    JILLY

    ReplyDelete
  3. THanks, Heather, Brett, and Luke, for the anniversary wishes. We had a nice, nice day.

    We will miss being here and seeing lots of you all, too. It's been great, though. We'd love to have you come up to Hobart sometime and see Brett's sort of old stomping grounds. Then we can show you all off, too! Please do come some time.

    Love you gobs,

    Aunt Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Jilly, we're coming to see you just as soon as we can get there. We'll work around the reunion one way or another. I'm thinking of you with each easy breath I take and feel for your struggle to breath!

    Love you all,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete