Monday, April 28, 2008


The picture on the blog tonight is Mason, ready for his game on Saturday. Bless his heart I love it that he will smile when he sees I have the camera, even if it’s a tad phony smile. He means to cooperate and I love that. He was happy to be at the game and he was happy, as we were, that we were there. I’m so glad I got some pictures; it helps me to live the weekend over and over. Since we can’t be close to the kids I have to thank God for ways we have to communicate that we didn’t have when my family was so far away from home when I was a kid. We only had snail mail, but we made good use of that! Today we have long distance that is reasonable, cell phones, email and digital cameras to take lots of pictures when we are together and to share by email. We hardly use snail mail, but we sure make good use of the rest of it!

Today I meant to clean the carpet around the new chair pad, but I never got to it. I put the scum buster to work on the vans, though. Does that tell you I’m feeling great? We clean our cars about once a decade whether they need it or not, but they really needed it, so I chose today to do it. Not only that I went up in the attic (it must have been 120 up there) and searched until I found a box of t-shirts so I could dress up the seats in our old van with clean t-shirts. That old van is an ’86 model, so those seats needed covering and I wasn’t about to spend a penny to do it; the t-shirts work great and I got something out of the attic!

I had to trim the hair that was sticking out from behind my ears, too. It is so fun to have enough hair to cut! It’s long enough that I can’t go to bed with it wet or I have rooster tails. That’s way cool! I love it. There were a couple of spots on my chest and a couple under my arms where the skin was breaking down from the radiation. I’ve treated it diligently with a solution of peroxide and water and the one under my armpit is almost healed. The other two on my chest are much better, too. The peeling is almost done. I’m surprised every day how much better it looks.

I am so grateful to have had surgery and radiation with the burns and never gotten an infection. That is one of the dangers, and I feel so blessed to have managed to heal so well. Thank you all for your prayers and support. I know that God had me in His hands, and you, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment