Monday, April 14, 2008

The news from home.



The picture on the blog tonight is Dorothy and I at breakfast on Saturday morning; another precious memory! I’ve been smiling like that every since we’ve been home!

I had more great news today. I hadn’t been to the dentist since before I went to Tijuana last year. When we came back I was too busy. Then when we decided to go the chemo route, I figured I might as well wait until the chemo was over to see the dentist because chemo is notorious for wrecking havoc with teeth. After chemo was over we went right into surgery and radiation, so the dentist waited. I wasn’t having problems, so it seemed like the thing to do. I thought I should call right away and get an appointment, so when I called today and she asked if I could come in this afternoon, I thought I was sure blessed! Then when they x-rayed, cleaned and examined my teeth they were very pleased to announce that I have only one tiny cavity! He said that after all my treatments he would have expected to see 5 or 6 cavities, but my teeth look great. I asked him to give me an estimate on fixing that gap in my teeth and he said $300. I made an appointment to have the cavity filled, but the gap I think I like. HA!

One way to look at it is this: I have (relatively) no hair and no boobs, so why panic (pay $300) over a gap in my teeth? Gratefully, I HAVE teeth! The other way to look at it is: my teeth are all I have going for me, so what’s another $300 after we’ve spent a bazillion on all these other repairs? The answer to that is that another $300 will be $300 toward paying off the bazillion! $300 is about 88 gallons of gas. I like the gap better and better. I think it gives me character.

I called to make an appointment with the eye doctor, too. Chemo did a number on my vision, so I’ve been wearing reading glasses to read even wearing my contacts. I’m a year over due going to have my contacts changed, but I didn’t see any point in going until I got the chemo out of my system. Again, I felt blessed to be able to get an appointment for a week from tomorrow. I’m thinking God is really paying attention to my needs!

We had a freeze here last night, but my irises are TOUGH! I was so pleased today to see them standing tall and proud. I had only 3 blooming when we got home and I cut them all and brought them into the house. There are lots of stalks, though, so I’ll have lots more blooms soon. I’ll make pictures and post them, of course.

God is taking good care of us and we thank Him profusely! Thanks for reading with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment