Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Hair pictures.






7490 Brompton, Apt. 442
Houston, TX 77025
713-660-7816
donshnell@sbcglobal.net

The pictures on the blog today are to compare my hair with how I usually wear it. The first picture is one Don took tonight. The next one is one taken March 8, 2007. So, my hair is just about as long now on the sides and back as I usually let it get. The top is what is still short. By fall I should look like me. The rest of the pictures are the sides, and back of my head. I’m sorry for the dial up people for all the pictures, but they make sense if you see them at once. It’s interesting to watch my hair growing from nothing. I thought it was coming in straight, and it IS. But, it grows all different directions, so it bends when it bangs into hairs growing in a different direction. I look back and see that I always parted it on the wrong side; I guess I did that because that gave it body because the natural part is obviously on the left. If I comb it the other way, now, it stands up straight. This is really a learning experience for me. I’m sure that hair is a good thing; it doesn’t take much to make me happy, but I need as much as I have now to be warm. I thank God for all the hats people sent and the ones I was able to make to keep me warm when my hair was gone, and I thank Him for giving back my hair!

I only have tomorrow and then Friday of my regular treatments. Then I have a week of the BOOST treatments and then we can go home next Friday! Today I packed a suitcase of clothes that I know we won’t wear again while we’re here. I’ve got a bag of linens packed, too. It feels good to be getting ready to go home. The freezer is looking empty and we are eating up what is left around here. This is exciting! I sure thank God for giving us this home and for blessing us with health and healing since we’ve been here. I talked to Angelica (my housekeeper) today; she was at our house getting it all clean and fresh when we get home. It’s going to be so good to be at home in our own space! We’ve been gone this long before, but home has never seemed so sweet! Thank you for keeping up with us through all this!

2 comments:

  1. you are looking amazing dear friend(((hugs))

    love always


    amanda
    xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, thanks so much. I am absolutely amazed to be feeling so good and to be getting enough hair to comb, even! God is so good to me.

    Thanks for your love and back to you!

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete