Thursday, April 10, 2008

Happy Birthday, Luke! 1!!!




Luke is one today! Heather has hated working since Luke was born (and before!) , but her sister was able to keep him with Doris and Jerry keeping him 1 or 2 days a week. Heather hated missing any time with him. She was able to resign from her job last week because she landed a job she can do from home! She’s had this week open to spend some time with Luke before she starts her job next week, so she got these pictures. He’s a very good boy and she’s a great mom and manager, so I know they’ll work out this job from home and both will love it. What a great birthday present to Luke to have Mommy at home with him!

The first picture is when Heather told Luke we are going back to Oklahoma. The next one is when she explained to him that we’ll be back from time to time. No kidding; he and Colter both make us feel so loved. They are such sweet boys and it’s been our blessing to be here to see them grow since they were just tiny guys.

I saw my medical oncologist today and she is very pleased with my progress. She says I will need to come back every 3 months for the first year. Then the second year I’ll need to come back every 4 months. Then years 3-5 I’ll need to come back every 6 months. After 5 years I can come back once a year. That’s really more than we wanted to come back to MD Anderson, but the great part of it is that we’ll see lots of Luke and Colter and their families! God finds a way to keep families tight.

We are packed and ready to go except for the last minute things. I’m going to go shower and then clean out the shower and put up a new liner. Then I’m ready to eat dinner, watch Survivor and then go to bed early. We’ve got to get up early in the morning to get the beds ready for the next people and then pack up the toiletries. We have been so blessed! Thank you for your love and prayers. I’ll post on the blog as soon as we get home tomorrow night.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for that! The word "Hate" is such a strong word, but you hit it right on the money with that word! I am so thrilled & excited to work from home! It's a 2 for 1 deal = Luke + money! I start Monday...say a little prayer for me! Have a safe trip. I know your friends and family are so excited to see your faces!! They have missed you both so much! But I am glad that we could fill in for a while! We loved every minute of it.
    Luke sends hugs & kisses! He had an awesome birthday...I cannot wait to send the cake pictures, his first time with sugar!
    Love you both!!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, do Luke a favor and don't encourage him to do sugar! It'll be good for him and he won't have to fight the bulge like all of us who are hooked on sugar do. Doris said he enjoyed playing in the cake but wasn't too impressed with the taste. That's my boy!

    We had a great trip home; home is sweeter and more wonderful than sugar! Luke is going to love home even better now that you're there with him all day, every day!

    We'll be watching for the cake pictures and the ones from tomorrow, too! So sorry we can't be there, but we send our Aloha from here.

    Love and prayers,

    Aunt Jo

    ReplyDelete