Friday, April 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Grace!


Happy Birthday, Gracie! Today Grace is FIVE. She is one of our 15 grandchildren who make us realize the truth in the scripture Psalms 128:6, “Children's children are the crown of old men.” What joy they all are to us. Grace is a whole new delight every time we see her. We’ll see her tomorrow as she plays soccer and we’ll help her continue with her birthday celebration that she starts today.

Tonight we’re playing cards out at Dorothy and David’s house. We expect no less than a great time. 4 of our regular players aren’t able to be there for various reasons, but we are playing with a couple of dear ladies who are gracious to substitute when we are short some players. How wonderful it is to have so many great friends. It’s the friends we enjoy so much; the cards are just an excuse to get together. Hazel (our neighbor across the street) is playing with us and also Charlene Pulley, a dear lady from church. Maybe I’ll get some pictures and have them on the blog another time.

It is so windy we could hardly walk home today. We walked to town and got the mail and stopped by the church building to get copies of the ‘test’ we took at the salad supper last night. It was really hard and I wanted Don and David to take it. I also got a copy of the answers, so I’d know what I’d guessed and got right. We got a block away from home and the wind whipped those out of my pocket and blew them in 3 different directions. I was not to be outdone, so I RAN after them. I can’t run, but I did a little! Enough that I caught up with two of them and Don ran after the other one. He got the answers, so his was the most valuable run. It’s amazing how the wind will jerk something away and then make it scamper out of reach just as you are about to get it. Then a fence or high grass holds if for you. God is great. He knew I needed that last burst of exercise I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment