Saturday, April 5, 2008

A visit with Candy!


donshnell@sbcglobal.net
cell: 405-823-6453

I'm not putting this address on the blog anymore because we're leaving Friday and I don't want you to use this address! Yee Haw!!!

Today’s picture is me with Candy Lovell Burch, my ‘twin’ from Itazuke. Candy and I share the same birthday, so we had that extra bond at Itazuke. She lives here in Houston, but she just got home today from a month in Illinois. Sadly, her dad passed away about a month ago, so she went to spend some time with him before his death and stayed to be with her mom as long as she could. We met them for dinner and a visit this afternoon when her flight returned. It’s always so good to have times like that with good old friends. We shared a birthday party at Itazuke; I think it was our 13th. It was the only birthday party I ever had, so it was special. Now, don’t anyone be throwing any birthday parties because I said that! That one is a sweet memory! Actually, last year on our birthday we were at an Itazuke reunion in Dover, Delaware and it was at the banquet that they wished me a happy birthday. (I was in the restroom when they did that!) I really like to celebrate all year instead of just on that day, so every day is a party for me.

We were able to walk this morning. I am so pleased to have some of the lines on my chest to be fading. You might notice in the picture that I have on a tank top and no lines are showing above it. You can also see how RED my chest is! I may be a rather crispy critter by the end of next week, but by this time next week we’ll be at HOME!!! Yee Haw! You can tell I’m celebrating already.

Oh! I tried parting my hair on the opposite side from the way it grows, thinking it might make my hair look longer. It didn’t work. It’s only as long as it is and that’s all I can do, but it can’t hurt to comb it different directions and see what happens. I think it makes it curl a little to comb it the opposite way, so I’ll see how it works. This is really a fun thing, discovering my hair from the very beginning; thankfully, it doesn’t take much to entertain me! God is so good to give me hair! PTL for family, friends, health, hair and good medicine!

No comments:

Post a Comment