Thursday, April 24, 2008

Sweat hog has another blessed day.


The hair IS curly! When it was first coming in it looked straight as a stick to me. I didn’t care; I was so glad to have hair to keep me warm! I didn’t even care that it gray. Well, the longer it gets, the curlier it gets! The picture on the blog today is my sweat hog look. It’s how I looked when we came in from walking our hour today. You can see the curls; they’re dark when they’re wet, but they dry gray.

Today was pretty much a regular day. I did a little work in the garden out back and that felt great! I pruned all the lavender and a couple of crepe myrtles. I cut a few irises and brought them inside. The good fairies (Bob and Diana Clark) brought us a bag of pecans to share with Ruthie, so Ruthie, we’ll come in June bearing gifts from the Clark yard! At church tonight we had the area wide ladies’ salad supper and our neighbor, Olya spoke. Oh, my! Was that ever a treat!!! She is a gifted speaker and she has a heart the size of Texas, and we all felt it. It was such a joy to listen to her. Our neighbor, Hazel went with Dorothy and I because she’d never heard Olya speak and had heard that she is very good. When we got back into the car she said, “Well, I could listen to her all day and all night!” It really was that good. We all came away feeling so blessed after her lessons on the seasons of life.

The ladies who planned the event had asked people who had businesses to donate prizes to be given as door prizes and anyone else could donate anything they wanted to be used for door prizes, too. One of the members of our congregation paints and she made several bookmarks and donated them. Dorothy and I both won one of Mary Ann’s bookmarks, and we were thrilled! We couldn’t have been more pleased than to have something she painted on one side, then a handwritten prayer and Bible verse on the other side. It has a ribbon and a beautiful cross hanging from one end and it is laminated. What a treasure! I want to share mine with you:

Dear Lord, help me today and every day to be a peacemaker for those around me. Help me to do good, to seek peace and pursue it. “Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called the children of God.” Matthew 5:9

Did I have a blessed day or what? Thanks be to God!

2 comments:

  1. Each day I read you blog I give thanks to God for your ability to enlighten your readers in various and asunderous ways. What a way to celebrate life with you! Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann, thank you so much for celebrating life with me every day. It's such a pleasant way to live life. God is so gracious to us; it seems like the least we can do is realize it and thank Him. Thanks so much for 'holding hands' with me as we go.

    Love,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete