Sunday, April 6, 2008

Last Sunday in Houston!



The picture on the blog is me tonight half way through my walk. We didn’t get around to walking today, so at 8:00 tonight I took off walking around the complex. I stopped after a half hour for a restroom break and Don took my sweaty picture. It was great walking, though; really great weather. I missed Don, but it’s always encouraging to know that I can do it by myself. I know there will be days that I can’t walk because we are traveling, or because of weather, so I really need to walk when I possibly can.

We said our good-byes at church today. Then after church we went out to a great Tex-Mex lunch with all the Edmonds. It was a great time. Luke did not slow down to walk. He went right into running! It’s been so fun to watch him and Colter grow over this past year.

Tomorrow is the first day of my Boost treatments. I’ll see how that works. It’s been fun to let the marks on my upper chest fade. The burn from the radiation is very sensitive, but with the lines gone I can rub cortisone lotion on all of it and that helps. I’ll be glad to get home to my soft t-shirts with no writing to scratch and no buttons.

God has blessed us with a wonderful stay here and we thank Him, but we thank Him for taking us safely home on Friday, too!

2 comments:

  1. hello beautiful (((hugs)))

    its wonderful to see you,you are looking so very well,good luck with the treatments dear friend,e are prayig all goes perfctly for you.
    candy sounds and looks beautiful,please send her our love.

    healing hugs and grooves

    amanda,mike,finn and jayke
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to all of you for your encouraging words! Candy is a precious friend and I'm so grateful that we got to see her before we leave for home on Friday!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete