Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A bit of history.


The picture on the blog tonight is too fun to miss; a bit of history. I found it yesterday when I was looking for baby pictures for Gretta. Elena looks so much like Joe does today, but they don’t see her looking like his baby pictures. She reminds us of Gretta, but we forget that because she looks so much like Joe. When I found these pictures, though, I could sure see why she reminds us of Gretta! And look at Gretta’s hands: she’s working them like Elena does like, “I think I can get a hold on that!” Gretta was 1½ here and Trish was 4 ½; I was 26. I emailed this picture to Gretta and she was showing it to Joe’s family, saying, “Look! She DOES look like me!” Their response was, “Yes, and you look like your mother.” That’s a compliment to me! We agree that Grace looks like Trish! It’s been fun looking through the pictures, but I won’t bore you with any more.

VBS has been a real inspiration to us this week. The kids are having so much fun and they are really sweet kids. We have lots of visiting kids from the community and they are an inspiration, too. I’m not getting much else done, but I don’t think anything else much matters! Kids are the future!

I do have to grind up the rest of my chia seeds tonight and get online and order some more. I don’t enjoy doing it, but I thank God for the ability to do it. I thank Him for providing it for our health, too.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Jo!! What a precious picture!! I don't think I've ever seen it...Phil says he has, but I don't think so!! See? I always said Elena looks like Gretta, and you always would tell me "you haven't seen Joe"!! I'll just say she looks like both of them!! You sure look like Mom here too! This picture just give me goose bumps!! Thanks so much for sharing with all of us!

    Love you!
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Ruthie, thanks for liking the picture. It gave me goose bumps, too! Elena does look like both of them. I feel silly bringing out old pictures, but I couldn't resist this one. This picture of Trish reminds Gretta and I of Grace; do you think so? It's been a fun week of memories for me, digging through all these pictures.

    Wish you were here!

    Love,

    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hold it just a minute. Bored you say??? I want more. I want to see some pictures of you when you lived in Japan. This is great MaryJo..I loved seeing you at this age..and I demand more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Demanding? That sounds like Dana, but pictures from Japan??? That one throws me. Dana SAW me there and sees pictures at our reunions. So . . . I'm baffled and wonder who this is. But, calling me Mary Jo? That's likely someone from Japan days, so I'm thinking still that it must be Dana; we're all gluttens for pictures from those days. Dana, is this you demanding more pictures?

    Love,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah...its me. Sorry, I must have really been in a hurry since I didn't even sign this. The demanding part of it was my feeble attempt at humor..just ignore me. I would love old pictures..I love those. dana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dana, I didn't take offense at the demanding; I DID smile and thought I recognized you . . . but wondered! I'll have to dig out some pictures from Japan and scan them someday.

    Thanks for making me smile; I can't wait to see you in Vegas and we'll be smiling from ear to ear the whole time when we aren't laughing out loud!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete