Thursday, July 31, 2008

Oops; Frank is sick!


The picture on the blog today is Jo Ann and I in the porch swing when we went to the museum in Conroe today. It was a fun trip. We were going to Montgomery, a little old fashioned town out here close to us but Frank got sick, so we came home. Bless his heart; he has stomach and intestine troubles, so we’re treading carefully. We got him some chicken noodle soup and he has kept it down, and rested all day. The rest of us played cards and Boggle.

Don and I went to the pool and it was CLOSED! We couldn’t believe it! However, there is a second pool and it was open so we went there. There were a few people there, but we got plenty of enjoyment, anyway.

Don and I get up early every morning and walk. He walks about 20 - 30 minutes with me and then I get my stick and walk the rest of the hour by myself. It’s really hot here and he wants to be reasonable about it. Me? Be reasonable? Not about the walking! I thank God for every step I can take by myself. I really do enjoy it. It’s hot, but somehow it feels like a gift to me. I love being limber enough to do it.

There is a precious lady in our town who lives on the end of our street. She walks every day and she has always reminded me of my mom, because my mom always walked and they are about the same size and have simlar hair. When I walk, I think of my mom and this sweet lady, Gertie Dugan. I’m so pleased to be in a walking ‘club’ with these two great women. I thank God for their examples in my life and for giving me the ability to walk. I’m so grateful to be able to walk here!

No comments:

Post a Comment