Thursday, July 3, 2008

Fancy foot.

The picture on the blog tonight will be Don’s heel if I can ever get it to post. If you click on the picture and make it bigger, you’ll see it’s really a pretty nice foot. The blister is peeling off, but there’s a perfect foot underneath that old blister. You’ve got to look at what a really nice foot he has; for a 68-year-old foot, I think it looks great! He used to have cracks so deep around the edge of his heel that they sometimes bled. We finally learned that was a fungus and it went away after 30 days of treatment with vinegar! We are both big believers in white vinegar for our feet. If you have feet that snag on socks or your carpet, write to me and I’ll tell you how to fix it.

This morning I ‘threw herbs’ for Don for the next 24 days. I still have 24 days thrown for me that I threw before I went on chemo and they took me off of everything. After this batch I will throw for both of us, again. It’s a confusing thing to do, but it’s so much easier now that the neuropathy in my hands is so much better. I can handle the capsules without dropping them all over the place. I still have to package them, but that’s pretty easy. I can do that tomorrow while we watch something on TV.

This afternoon it was mostly cloudy, so I sat out on our back deck and shelled pecans. Sometimes the sun came through and I got some sun, but for the most part it was just nice to sit in the swing and shell pecans. Bob and Diana gave us a huge shopping bag of pecans and we had them cracked; now I need to get them shelled so I can put them into the freezer. I always think of my mom when I shell pecans; I guess because she taught me how to do it. I think of her lots because she taught me most everything I know and, of course, now we have breast cancer in common. She was a peach, so I’m proud of any way I can be like her and love recalling all she taught me. I thank God for a precious mom and for precious memories; I realize everyone didn’t have the luxury of a mom who was good to them, and many mother’s died early in their children’s lives. I’ve been blessed.

Tomorrow is Independence Day; WOW! Our independence is such a great thing to be celebrating! Don and I will be quietly celebrating; we don’t have a plan until the fish fry on Saturday. Daniel has gone home for the weekend, so it’s just us. I thank God for my opportunity to grow up in a family rich with military men, who were willing to fight to keep our independence; I consider it a blessing to be a ‘military brat.’

No comments:

Post a Comment